Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Corporate directory when publisher is down

Does CCM support corp directory access while the publisher is down? If not, what options are available? DNS round robin, load balancers??

3 REPLIES

Re: Corporate directory when publisher is down

I don't think CCM supports corp directory access while the publisher is down

You could change the enterprise paramters to use a subscriber server for the directory. It's a web page. This would mean the phones would need to be rebooted for this change to take effect.

You could also look at setting the enterprise paramter to use a DNS name or server load-balancer server so when one server is down it tries the other one. I am not aware of any cisco docs on setting it up this way, as it's probably not a truly supported method but will work.

If the Publisher is down, corporate directory will not work. U cannot make any changes in Enterprise Parameters at that point because the publisher will be down.

So, another workaround will be putting the asp file on another file server or something, but even then there is always a risk of that server going down. and if that server goes down, then u can make the publisher take its place.

Let me know how things go.

Views
Helpful
Replies