cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory

SEAN NILSEN
Level 4
Level 4

I have 3 CCM clusters that I am tying to replcate corp. directory across. Each is its own DC Directory domain controller by default which is part of the problem. Data Connections has been less than helpful in providing documentation as well. Does anyone have a good link for setting up replication? Or has anyone done it that can point me in the right direction to a working configuration? Has anyone @ Cisco labbed this out yet? I am sure I am not the only one with customers trying to do this.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure I saw an email come across where someone said this was not a supported config. So I don't think that we would have labbed this out since it is not a supported config.

Thank you,

-Mckee

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's definitely not supported to do this. If you want to share directory information among multiple clusters, use an external directory such as Active Directory or Netscape iPlanet Directory.

The customer already has a Novell directory in place, when will that be supported? I see a lot more Novell directories than Netscape. They have Unity with Exchange2K and AD, but they are a Novell shop are only reluctantly doing that piece for VMO configuration.

What about the roadmap for clustering over DS-3 circuits? That would make this issue go away too, at least for two of the sites.

Supported config and do-able config are two entirely different things, I will support it, I just need to know how to work more in depth with the DC Directory. Manuals would be nice.