Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Corporatre Directory

Is there a way to remove the corporate directory from a particular phone?

9 REPLIES

Re: Corporatre Directory

One way to do this is to change the directory url for the phone. You can do this under Phone Configuration -> Cisco IP Phone - External Data Locations. You can change the url to a dummy url in which case the corporate directory will not display, but you get an HTTP error when you press directories on the phone. You could create a copy of c:\CiscoWebs\IPPhoneServices\CCMCIP\xmldirectory.asp, modify the reference to the corporate directory and point the phone to this url to avoid the error.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Thanks Much, I'll give it a shot and let you know.

Brandon,

What application do you use to open and edit the xmldirectory.asp file? Do you use notepad, word, or what? Thanks, Tom

You can use notepad.

Brandon

Brandon,

I have two 7935 speaker conf units that can not find the server when the directory service button is pressed and a name typed in for a name search. The unit itself is registered to the call manager and provides dial tone. There seems to be a problem with the directory service in that the 7935 can not find the server? any thoughts? Thanks, tom

Tom,

Is it just the 7935 that has the problem? Do you have other phones that can access the directory? Check the directories URL in System -> System Parameters and the directories URL for that particular phone in phone configuration.

Brandon

Brandon, thanks for replying! It is just the 7935 that has the problem. All other phones can find the server and use the directory service succesfully. We modified the xmldirectory.asp a week ago to include a menutiem for a seprate call manager cluster so we can perform name searchs in the directory for two separate sites. this works except the 7935 seems to be a problem and returns the "can't find server." I checked the syste enterprise para and verified that the correct url is in the directories url. Then, I checked the phone config under IP Phone external data locations and the directories url is blank (to accept the default).Tom

Brandon, here is the scrip we modified in the xmldirectory.asp. I just don't see how this could impact the 7935 phones only and not all of the otehr phones, too.

I have done this in our environment. It is fairly easy. Just find the xmldirectory.asp file on your Call Manager and add a Menuitem to it. Here is what mine looks like. You won't need any type of authentication, just the URL. In this example I change the name "Corporate Directory" to "Balt Corporate Directory" and added "NY Corporate Directory"

%>

<%

function getBaseURL()

{

var scriptName = Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME") ;

var endloc = String(scriptName).lastIndexOf("/") ;

var baseURL = "http://" +

String(Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME")) +

String(scriptName).substr(0, endloc + 1) ;

return baseURL ;

}

try

{

var name = String(Request.QueryString("Name").Item);

Response.ContentType = "text/xml";

Response.Buffer = true;

//Response.Write("\r\nSelect a directory\r\n\r\nBalt Corporate Directory\r\n" + getBaseURL() + "xmldirectoryinput.asp\r\n\r\n");

%>

<% = outputString( dictionary.xmldirectoryMsgPagePrompt, "dictionary.xmldirectoryMsgPagePrompt" ) %>

<% = outputString( dictionary.lblCorporateDirectory, "dictionary.lblCorporateDirectory" ) %>

<% = getBaseURL() %>xmldirectoryinput.asp

NY Corporate Directory

http://10.10.10.10/CCMCIP/xmldirectoryinput.asp

<%

}

catch (err)

{

Response.Clear();

Response.Write(dictionary.msgGeneralError + " ( "+ name + " )");

Response.AppendToLog(name + ":" + err.number + ":" + err.description);

}

Response.Flush();

%>

Blue

an excellent way to remove the corporate directory from a phone without getting an HTTP error is to use a modified XML file.

i have attached the one i've edited and use here. it allows for no corporate directory to be displayed as well as no errors. (users hate errors and tend to call them in even if they don't cause an issue)

(you must place the noDirectory.asp file in the "ccmPubName\C:\ciscoWebs\ipPhoneServices\CCMCIP" folder.

you must then update the phone Device level directory setting to "http://ccmPubIPaddy/CCMCIP/noDirectory.asp" (without the quotes)

Views
Helpful
Replies