cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corrupted public distribution list?

borisdecout
Level 1
Level 1

We are going to upgrade a server from 2.4.6-161 to 3.1.5 over the week-end.

I just ran the export utilty. It reports 587 public distribution list. We have never used this and haven't created a single one.

When I use the web admin tool (saweb) to see those DLs, I get an error

"a runtime error has occured . Do you wish to debug?

Line 808. Error: Invalid character

Then it returns an empty list.

Dbwalker reports 0 errors and warning and shows 100 public distribution list.

The export utility exports 715 object and complete with no error or warning.

Should I just import everything in 3.1.5 and see what's wrong there and do the cleanup if any, or should I try to fix those distribution lists first. If so, how?

Thanks

-Boris

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

from the error it sounds like the SA isn't liking the alias/display name on the distribution list - anything unusual there?

If it were me I'd just do the import - if it doesn't like the DLs on import it should just log an error and skip them - if you guys aren't using them it shouldn't matter.

I can't tell if there is something unusual on the DLs alias/name because I can't view them.

I'll go with the import and deal with the result. It is not a problem since we don't use any DLs. I just wanted to make it was not going to screw up the import of other objects.

As always, thanks for the quick answer at this time of the day.

You rock.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: