Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Could not see caller ID between IP Phone & PBX??

We have Dual System Intergration (CallManager 3.2(3)sr3 and Mitel SX2000 PBX Lightware 29).

We have Cisco 3620 T1 CAS H.323 register to CCM that connect to PBX. In other word, we can use that T1 CAS call between Mitel Phone & IP Phone.

We have no problem calling between Mitel Phone & IP phone after program in CCM and Mitel PBX.

However, we could not see caller id. For example, if I call from Mitel to IP Phone, on IP Phone screen show "External Call Unknown number".

If I call from IP Phone to Mitel Phone, it did not show caller ID also.

Someone told me that if I use T1 PRI instead of T1 CAS, my problem will be resolved. Is he right?? However, on cisco website, it said that T1 CAS should be good too, as long as I use the right signaling.

Any suggestions will be appreicated it. Thanks a lot!!

Ken

2 REPLIES

Re: Could not see caller ID between IP Phone & PBX??

To my knowlede, the only CAS siganalling that would support CLID in both directions is E&M. And at that, you would need to create one set using Feature Group D, and another using Feature Group D-EANA. Feature Group D lets you recieve caller ID i Believe, and FGD-EANA allows you to send caller ID. I might have that revearsed but that is probably the direction you would want to go.

Re: Could not see caller ID between IP Phone & PBX??

To my knowlede, the only CAS siganalling that would support CLID in both directions is E&M. And at that, you would need to create one set using Feature Group D, and another using Feature Group D-EANA. Feature Group D lets you recieve caller ID i Believe, and FGD-EANA allows you to send caller ID. I might have that revearsed but that is probably the direction you would want to go.

Views
Helpful
Replies