Views
Helpful
Replies

couldn't import exsitng users from Exchange2K

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

Scenario: E2K and ICS 7750 UNity4.02

Problem: whenever I imported an existing user from E2k, it gave me an error:"UNrecognized error 0x80070005 has occred, the new subscriber was not sucessfully added".

But if I create a new user in Exchange and there is no problem to import it.

Any idea?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

More than likely a rights issue with the existing users or the container they're in or the like. The Directory Access Diagnostics tool can help here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_DAD.htm

Log in as the directory facing account Unity is running under and run DAD - select one of the users that's failing and check the import on it - it should run through all the properties that we need to be able to update and report which one(s) fail.

Since this Unity is converted from demo, I am now doing setup again to upgrade it. I am seeing it keel copying the stuff it actually copied in the first setup. Will this process is exactly same as install?

Another question: is there a way to rerun the conmfiguring service wizard and message store wizard? I recall in unity3.x we can run the second configuration step to configure message store.

Thanks

I ran the DAD to test couple users but no any fail, in both user access and user object. But still can't imported. The error in event ID is 1047. Anything else I can try, Jeff? Thanks

Thanks. This is solved by define delegation to the service account.

lammbo
Level 1
Level 1

I had a problem that could be what you are describing. By any chance, are the accounts who error out Domain Admins? That was my issue - I had to make the "UnityDirSvc" account a Domain Admin as well and only then did the error go away and I was able to import them.

loevans
Level 1
Level 1

I had this problem recently with an MCS 7835 and Unity 4.03. It was a fresh install and I had just moved the DB and transaction log files to the D drive. In order to do that I stopped all the unity services and once moved restarted, but they hadn't completely restarted gracefully. I just rebooted the server and all was good after that.