Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Couldn't see users when trying import from EX.

We have deployed CCM3.2, Unity3.13, and PA 1.32 in one of our customer enviroment.<br>Unity server is 2000 DC and running AD, exchange 2000.<br>Customer would like to replica their existing exchange 5.5 users database into exchange 2000 .Here is what I did in order to replica EX55 to exchange2000(in UNity):<br>1. Create ADC in Unity.<br>2. Create one way connection from exchange 55 to 2000.<br>3. Successfully replicate user directory from exchange 55 to Unity. I moved those users(not mailbox) into USER container of AD.<br><br>But here is problem I encounted:<br>1. I logged in Unity SA<br>2. Went into subsriber setting up<br>3. Selected import from exchange<br>4. I only can see the username which I just created in 2000, but those replcated from ex55 are not there. But if I chose import from internet user, then I can see internet users which are replicated from ex55.<br>Anybody can give me an idea?<br>Thanks a lot.<br><br><br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Couldn't see users when trying import from EX.

If they don't have mailbox references in the directory, Unity wont consider them eligible for being made into a subscriber. Internet Subscribers don't have mailboxes (they're contacts) so those will be visible for import.

full subscribers must have a mailstore we can log into and store/retrieve messages from.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Hi Jeff
Does that mean we have to move the mailbox over to exchange2000(this case it's unity itself) or keep the exchange 5.5 online. Am I right?

Anonymous
N/A

Thanks Jeff.So in that case I have to keeo Ex55 online or move mailbox from ex55 to ex2000. Am I right?

Views
Helpful
Replies