Hallelujah! I think I've found the answer. I haven't tested it yet, but I'm confident of the concept of the solution.
For anyone else's benefit who might run into that issue, here it is.
1. On the DN configuration, set the CFNA to a Hunt Pilot.
2. Alos on the DN configuration, Set Call Forward No Coverage to Voice Mail
3. Configure a Hunt Pilot and set the CFNA setting for the hunt pilot to personal preferences.
1. Phone Rings
2. After the amount of rings in seconds expires, the CFNA setting is checked, and the call gets send to the hunt pilot.
3. The hunt pilot processes the hunt list, if no one answers after the last DN in the Hunt Group, or it timesout it will check the CFNA settings for the hunt pilot.
4. That setting should say Use Personal Preferences which will cause the Hunt Pilot to check the Call forward No Coverage settings of the original DN; and that setting should be voice mail.
While this configuration is not as streamlined as the Cover Path Settings in Avaya, the end result will be exactly the same. As a matter of fact, you can do more cool stuff with internal and external number settings.
These are the paths to get to each CCX logs through CLI. They may be helpful if you are having issues accessing RTMT or downloading logs through it.
If you want to download them you have to prefix "file get " and you can add one of the options (re...