Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

CP7920 not seen anymore via USB on Win XP

When I first connected the CP7920 to my PC via USB the OS reported the 'New hardware detected' message and asked to search for a driver. It failed to find the driver (because it was on another drive). After this failure no matter what I do (switch off/on the CP7920 or disable/enable the USB port), the PC does not react anymore on the CP7920.

How can I bring up agian the New hardware detected screen for the CP7920 so that I can install the correct driver?

rgds, Geert.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: CP7920 not seen anymore via USB on Win XP

Try upgrading the phone load.

Cisco Employee

Select Menu, Phone Settings, arrow up to Usb Enable/Disable. Arrow down to enable, and hit the select button. Different phone loads will have different menu.

Super Bronze

Hi

You've probably selected to disable or 'not prompt' any further for the device when the add hardware wizard appeared..

If you go into device manager (via computer management) or do a start/run and enter

devmgmt.msc

You should see somewhere in the device tree that there is a disabled device (red x) or perhaps a yellow question mark...

If you do, right click it and 'uninstall'...

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content