Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CRA 3.1(1) Changing Password for directory Connection

I have CCM 3.3(3) with CRA 3.1(1) running and wanted to change the password scheme for the local administrator and DC Directory Manager.

I have changed the DC Password fine and that works however, once that is changed you cannot get back into the Application Admin page for CRA because it cannot authenticate with the DC directory anymore.

I could change it back to what is was then go into the Admin tool change it to what I want along with the JTAPI connection. Then go and make my changes to the DC by the documentation.

Is there a way that you can change the password for how the CRA engine looks to the DC for authorization or should I do reverse engineering?

I am just looking for a file that maybe 3.1(1) has so that I can change the password there or maybe a registry setting.

Thanks!!

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: CRA 3.1(1) Changing Password for directory Connection

You first need to change the password on the DCD server by logging into DCD Admin as Directory Manager, and changing the password. You will then have to update all the servers that use DCD with the new password.

For CRA, you will want to use the passwordutil to generate an encrypted password, and put it in c:\winnt\system32\ccn\ccndir.ini under "MGRPW"

Re: CRA 3.1(1) Changing Password for directory Connection

Man! Sorry for the trouble I found it and tried to reply back but my laptop freaked out! :)

Sorry! I would still like to know how the CRA Engine and ServletAplet work in conjunction with the service that it logs in with.

If you can answer that then I would be golden!

Thanks again man!

Views
Helpful
Replies