Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CRA Editor and XP Professional

After a clean CRA editor installation on mi notebook running XP Professional, No errors in licence.properties and ccndir.ini file. But if you try to run the executable, the Cisco CRA Editor fisrt window appear for 1 - 2 seconds and then dissapear without any error message. No error messages on event viewer. I have enogh memory (256mb) and free disk (20gb free) so anybody know what is happening? any idea will be wellcomed. I've reinstalled the issue about 6 times, rebooted and still nothing.

13 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: CRA Editor and XP Professional

are there any errors in event viewer? did you install with an administrator account? when you did the install you had no errors at all?

Geoff

Silver

Connect your XP notebook to the LAN and try opening the CRA Editor, it should open. Once it opens thereafter, even if you disconnect your notebook from LAN and open CRA Editor, it will open successfully.

I've tried but still nothing... I think there is some kind of bug in the CRA Editor. Any idea will be welcomed. This is getting frustrating.

I am having a similar problem. Was there a resolution to this posted that I missed? Any help will be appreciated. CRA installs on a Compaq notebook running XP, I have network connectivity, but the splash screen comes up for a second or two and then the editor stops.

Bronze

Hi,

Check the ccndir.ini and license.properties are named properly and placed in the correct place. Most likely the license.properties file is named as license.properties.txt.

If still problem persists, please open a TAC case to pursue.

Regards

Venkat

The problem is most likely in the registry. Make sure you have full access to the following two entries for the user that is logged in or to the "users" group (or any group that applies).

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cisco CallManager]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\Model]

Brian

Thanks Brian. I am installing as Administrator so I should have access to everything. I have access to the first entry (which has no value set) and the second entry does not exist. There is definitely something going wrong with the install...there are other registry entries that I know should be there and aren't. I have opened a tac case, but haven't made much progress yet. I installed from a more recent version of IPCC yesterday and had the same problem, so there is something unique or broken on my laptop. I have a lot of other software running such as .Net, antivirus, Spybot, etc. I have tried uninstalling most of it and I am still having the problem.

Did anybody find a resolution to this problem? I'm having the same problem on Win 2000. BTW, I also get the exact same symptoms with SoftPhone.

I did not get this resolved. I would be interested in a solution if there is one.

I had the problem with win2000. I uninstalled, turned off my virus protection (i had it running the first time i installed), then turned off all program services runnning in task manager that i didn't want running. Did the install, now launches cleanly.no problems. Don't know if this is your answer, but it might be worth a try if you are still having issues. The virus scan being on has been the culprit with other types of installs I've done before. By the way I use McAfee. John

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work for me. I still haven't resolved the problem, but I've learned a few things in the process that might help somebody else out.

1. You can run the editor from the command line withe a /console option. In my case, this pointed to a Java error.

2. The editor uses Microsoft JVM, not Sun. The Microsoft JVM should be installed by the editor installation as C:\WINNT\Java (C:\Windows\Java for XP). In my case, it did not install this. I tried copying it from the server, but that did not help.

3. TAC asked me to copy WFeditor-java2.bat from the server and run it. I'm not sure what the output is supposed to be, but in my case it gave me a Java error, confirming that the problem is with Java.

Bronze

Have you tried to uninstall the Java 2 Runtime Environment and then re-install? I had a somewhat similar problem on an Agent Desktop install where a new version of J2RE was already loaded and Agent Desktop wouldn't start. Once I uninstalled the J2RE, then ran the install again, no more Java complaints...

Hope this helps,

Jim

Other than AntiVirus running, you wouldn't happen

to have the XP "firewall" running?

You might want to disable it and see if this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content