cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create distribute list error

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

Case:Unity 403 UM integrated into Active directory 2000.

When I try to create a distribute list in the unity, I get an error:Invalid active directory path--probably illegal characters in name.

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, my first guess would be you have illegal characters in the name of the distribution list - can you tell us what you were trying to name it?

The distribute list I tried to create doesn't have illegal characters. The name is Test Distribute list. We also have problem when creating new subsciber. Only way works is import user from exchange, we can''t create new one , maybe the unityadmin doesn't have rights to do that in the AD OU.

Rights would be my next guess... I'd run permissions wizard again and make sure the directory facing account has rights in a container high enough in the tree to get all sub containers you wish to create/import lists from.

Should I run the permission wizard from the CD or I can download it from somewhere?

Is Unitydirsvc is the account that I have to check?Thanks

You can find Permissions Wizard in the Cisco Unity Tool Depot found on the server desktop on which Cisco Unity was installed. Look under Administrative Tools folder. If there is a more recent version the tool will tell inform you and take you to the web site to download.

You want to look at the account the AvDSAD and AvDSGlobalCatalog service are running under. The Permissions Wizard tool will walk you through the process.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: