Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating accounts

I am trying to creat a new user account. When I try to import the users existing exchange account, it is not there. I have confirmed in exchange admin that the account exists, and I can't see anything obviously different between that account, and other accounts that are listed on the Unity import screen. I would say 1/4 of accounts can't be imported by Unity.<br><br>

7 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Creating accounts

What version of Unity are you working with?

Exchange 5.5 or 2K?

Was there an older version of Unity install prior that was not uninstalled properly? It's possible these users are still "tagged" as subscribers and the new Unity server will not allow them to be imported for that reason.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Yes there was a aborted install of Unity. The customer is running Exchnage 5.5. How do I un tag users?

Anonymous
N/A

you need to open Exchange in raw mode (use the "-r" command line parameter for the Exchange admin tool). For each of the users you can't import, view their raw properties (use shift-enter with the user selected in the view pane).

The property you need to delete is Voice-Mail-User-ID near the bottom. If this is cleared, Unity 2.x will allow that user to be imported again. If it's a 3.x system you also need to get rid of Custom-Attribute 12 and 14.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

Also, if this is 2.4.6 you're installing, dbWalker can do this for you automatically in one shot. Download the latest version off the AnswerMonkey 2.x site. It'll detect "stranded subscribers" and clean them optionally for you.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

I have now run DBwalker and it has found no orphans or errors.

I ran Exchange Admin in raw mode and removed the voicemail user ID. This allowed me to see the user on the list of importable exchnage users, however when I select that user, and click on add it says 'an object with that name already exists, please choose another name'.

I looked though a post which had very similar problems and exactly the same sinario as I am experiancing. As they did tried DohTropTest, but unlike them I could not see any abandond call handlers. I have also tried removing all of the other voicemail attributes of a test account of exchnage but I still get the same problem.

Any Idea's?

Anonymous
N/A

looking back through this thread, you never said what version you were using... if it's 2.4.6 I'm not sure what the problem would be since if the subscriber add function found a call handler for that guy already there that wasn't linked to a live subscriber, it'll delete it on the fly.

if you had a subscriber WITH a primary call handler floating in your directory tagged to an older Unity install (this could happen if you removed the Unity and didn't remove the Unity folder from Exchange... you already mentioned an uninstall was not run). dbWalker wont pick this up as a stranded subscriber since it's fully formed, it just assumes the user is associated with another Unity server on your network.

Now that you've removed the subscriber tag from this guy, it'll pick up it's orphaned call handler. I'd try running dbWalker again now and seeing if it finds a handler not linked to anyone.

if that's not the case, I'm not sure what you have going on. I'd have to get into your box and poke around under the covers to see what object it's complaining about.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

One issue that I did not see in these threads was if you checked in Exchange and made sure that the Unity subscriber you wanted to import had a display name entered. This has caused us numerous problems until we figured it out. If there is no display name in Exchange, then the subscriber won't show up on the Unity import page.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content