Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

cRTP and QoS

Hi,

I am currently designing an MPLS VPN that will be carrying (Cisco) voice via ADSL tails. I have been looking into using cRTP compression but still need to keep the ToS field visable so that the Voice packets can get mapped into the correct MPLS Class (exp bits)

can anyone confirm if the compressed header still provides this means, i dont think it is possible but wanted to sound it out on here

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: cRTP and QoS

You can use the qos pre-classify command. This allows the egress port of the router to look at the unencrypted packets (it makes a copy of the original packet before encrypting it).

The issue will be in where you use the command. For GRE and IPIP tunnels, you place it under the Interface Tunnel. For L2F and L2TP you place it under the Interface Virtual-Template. For IPSEC you place it under the Crytpo-Map.

Once enabled, you can do all your standard QoS commands.

1 REPLY

Re: cRTP and QoS

You can use the qos pre-classify command. This allows the egress port of the router to look at the unencrypted packets (it makes a copy of the original packet before encrypting it).

The issue will be in where you use the command. For GRE and IPIP tunnels, you place it under the Interface Tunnel. For L2F and L2TP you place it under the Interface Virtual-Template. For IPSEC you place it under the Crytpo-Map.

Once enabled, you can do all your standard QoS commands.

Views
Helpful
Replies