Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CSA

I have installed CSA on CM, I click the icon and it says the service is running but I can not see the red flag in the task bar.?

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: CSA

Go to Systems > Hosts ( locate the host by clicking on it ). Then click on Type not ID type ( this will sort all the Rule names alphabetically )

You should see 2 Agent UI Control rule ( if they belong to the "Default desktop group", make sure to CHECK the "Allow user interaction" in both 2 rules.

Click "Save", click "Generate Rules" and click "Generate" Go to the host, do a fast poll, the agent RED FLAG will appear.

where is system and hosts, sorry I am not familiar with this

thanks

Gold

If you're using the unmanaged version of CSA that you download pre-built for CallManager or Unity, you won't have any of those options. It's free for use on Cisco AVVID servers, and that's what most people are using. What was posted above is for the fully managed version of CSA; if you don't have that you won't be able to reconfigure the agent at all. That you have to pay for and you have to have the centralized CSA management server as well.

The "red flag" icon in the system tray will show up for the unmanaged version as well as the unmanaged version. However, it seems to only show up for the first user to login if there's multiple simultaneous logins. If you are logged into the console and seeing it there, you won't see it on a remote desktop session started later. If the console is logged out, a new remote desktop session will see it but another remote desktop session started while the first one is still up won't see it and neither will console logins. If you're not seeing it on console logins, make sure you don't have any remote desktop sessions left up, and if you're not seeing it on remote desktop, make sure there's no other remote desktop sessions up and the console is logged out. Remember that remote desktop sessions can be open/logged in but disconnected, waiting for someone to reconnect and pick up where they left off. You can reboot the machine if you want an easy way to make really sure all other logins are cleared.

Views
Helpful
Replies