cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

CSTA

Hi,

I'd softwares to PBX Siemens, now i wanted software to Telephony Cisco. Which protocols equival CSTA (Computer Supported Telephony Applications) in the Cisco Call Manager ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CSTA

you can have a TAPI TSP (Telephony Service Provider is the term I think) that you install in Windows, yet TAPI is a CTI protocol, just as is JTAPI (the difference being JTAPI is Java based, TAPI is C based and works best with native Windows programming languages like C(++), the old VB, and Delphi).

Knowing CSTA, it will probably be easiest for you to pick the API which can be used from the same programming language but you should be mindful of the fact that TAPI is mostly a desktop protocol and monitoring multiple lines from the same location is somewhat more tedious, whereas JTAPI is made for that scenario, but doesn't integrate so well into the desktop because of the JRE requirement as well as not being able to interact with native code without a lot of hassle, and if you aim to integrate into another software, the integration may only be possible using native code.

4 REPLIES
Community Member

Google JTAPI

Community Member

Are you right?

TAPI and JTAPI aren't "drivers"?

CSTA is a telephony protocol.

Community Member

Cisco CallManager supports a number of telephony and related protocols... SIP (in 5.0), H.323, SCCP, MGCP

you can have a TAPI TSP (Telephony Service Provider is the term I think) that you install in Windows, yet TAPI is a CTI protocol, just as is JTAPI (the difference being JTAPI is Java based, TAPI is C based and works best with native Windows programming languages like C(++), the old VB, and Delphi).

Knowing CSTA, it will probably be easiest for you to pick the API which can be used from the same programming language but you should be mindful of the fact that TAPI is mostly a desktop protocol and monitoring multiple lines from the same location is somewhat more tedious, whereas JTAPI is made for that scenario, but doesn't integrate so well into the desktop because of the JRE requirement as well as not being able to interact with native code without a lot of hassle, and if you aim to integrate into another software, the integration may only be possible using native code.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content