Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CSV import for new subscribers from AD/Exchange????

Hi, Running the bulk import tool 4.0.2.0. I have created a csv and I am trying to import users into unity as new subscribers. I am using the following steps.

Import from csv

Then unified messaging

Then create new subscriber, using existing account

Specify the correct domain and container (which I verfied my users exist in because I can import users one at a time in the saweb.)

Then I specify my csv which looks like the following:

LAST_NAME,FIRST_NAME,DTMF_ACCESS_ID,ALIAS

Daniels,Lisa,22049,ld002477

Williams,Sharon,22915,sw013167

Lock,Christopher,22005,cl010622

Kerr,Andrea,22008,ak008273

Then I check all records when they appear in the import window

Then I get the error saying that no records were imported

(Error)

Unable to find an Active Directory account for the subscriber being imported.

Subscriber record: Freund,Florence,22015,ff010999

Error code: 0x80040356. Method: CMULoader::NewUnityAccount.

These people can be found in AD from unity. I cant find anything in the forums on this issue. I have several people looking over my shoulder and we are all dumb founded. Can you please help. BTW the Unity version is 4.0(2)

Thanks in advance,

Chris Drew

Bellsouth

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: CSV import for new subscribers from AD/Exchange????

Chatted with the DB folks about this (they're the guys that maintain CUBI) - the first place we should look is in the syncher logs - you'll find them in the \commserver\logs directory and they'll start with "SQLSync_" - a new one should be created each time you do an import with CUBI.

In there will be information about what the directory monitor is returning to us when we ask it to find a user by their alias in the directory - that'll be a place to start.

If nothing obvious comes up in there (i.e. you're providing the wrong mail alias in the CSV file - that's all that's used for searching, the first/last names are not used) then we'll probably have to get you to open a TAC case and get some DSAD traces turned on and get the resulting logs back to the dev folks to look at.

Cisco Employee

Re: CSV import for new subscribers from AD/Exchange????

Looks like CUBI's query into AD is not returning any matches. You could run the query manually using ADSIEdit to confirm what CUBI is seeing. The query string used by CUBI can be found in the CUBI diag file. You will find the diag file in \Commserver\logs and the name starts with CUBI_ A new one is created each time the tool is run. Once you have the file open, search for a block of text that looks something like:

CAdsiDirLoader::Exists. Alias = [ff010999]

CAdsiDirLoader::Exists LDAP Filter: [(&(homeMDB=*)(objectClass=user)(mailnickname=ff010999)(!ciscoEcsbuUMLocationObjectId=*))]

CAdsiDirLoader::First. m_spDirSearch->GetFirstRow returned S_ADS_NOMORE_ROWS.

The exact text might be a little bit different. The middle line contains the LDAP filter that's used to query AD. You should be able to copy everything between the two brackets into ADSIEdit and run the query manually. If the manual query doesn't get a match, you could then take a look at the attributes for that particuar user to make sure that everything looks ok. However, if the query does return a match, we would then need to find out why CUBI does get the same results. I would try things like pointing CUBI at a parent container and also checking permissions on the account that's being used to run CUBI.

Views
Helpful
Replies