cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

csv

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hello<br><br>Do you have a recipe on how to export users from exchange to a csv file and import them to Unity<br>I tried too exporting from Exchange but when I tried to import I get "The CSV file is invalid"<br><br><br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

The trick is the “header” column names. The first row the import utility reads in tells us what data is in each column. We can handle somewhere around 25 different discrete pieces of information including transfer type, number of rings, audio speed default, volume defaults etc… If we see a column header in the first row we don’t recognize, the entire process is aborted with the error message you mention.

If you fire up the import utility, hit the help button, go to the help contents, down at the bottom you’ll see a link for “To correct CSV file errors”. That help topic has a complete list of all the column header we recognize and what they mean.

We need three pieces of information in all cases before we’ll create a user: first name, last name and extension. Everything else is gravy. The headers for those are “FIRST_NAME”, “LAST_NAME” and “DTMF_ACCESS_ID”. If you have a column that has garbage data in it and you don’t want to clean it out by hand, just label the column “JUNK” and we’ll ignore it.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg