Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI Ports and CTI Route Points ?

mcroft
Level 1
Level 1

I am a little confused.

CTI Ports have one or more virtual lines ?

CTI Route Points can receive multiple calls ?

I kinda understand the difference, but can not find any examples to clarify the difference. i.e IP SoftPhone, IVR, AutoAttendant.

Thanks for reading.

Matt Croft

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

A CT) route point is a virtual device that can receive multiple simultaneous calls for application-controlled redirection.

Multiple simultaneous users can dial the number assigned to an application such as IP AA, IVR or Cisco SoftPhone etc and have their calls routed to a user's extension or the Operator's phone. Applications that use CTI route points and CTI ports include Cisco SoftPhone, Cisco IP AA, and Cisco IP IVR

The Route Point and CTI Ports behave like a hunt group. A call comes into a single number and is then handed off to another phone (CTI Port) for additional processing.

This frees up the original number to accept the next call. If the CTI Route Point has an available CTI Port, the call is handed off to that port. Otherwise the call cannot be handled. The CTI Port then handles the call and forwards it as necessary.

The folowing document shows a configuration example using the application Cisco IP AA:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008015bf9f.shtml

thanks for the explanation. appreciated my friend

cheers

mattc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: