Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

CTI ports divided between two call managers

I am trying to distribute the load between two call managers, publisher and subscriber. I can successfully distribute the phones over the two CMs but CTI ports don't appear to follow the same rules. Can someone help me with this? I am using CM 3.2.2

2 REPLIES

Re: CTI ports divided between two call managers

Yes it follows the same rule. All CTI ressources can be load balanced (Cti ports and CTI route points)

This was a huge improvement made with 3.1, since the creation of the CTI manager that is reponsible of the failover/failback and rehoming of the CTI ressources.

So basicaly the CTI ressources function the same way as the phones. That means that you have a Device pool that is linked to a Call Manager Group (CM1, CM2, CM3), so by choosing the correct order in your call manager group you can manage to distribute your load for your CTI ressources

Re: CTI ports divided between two call managers

Thank you for the response. I did finally get it to work but only after rebooting the subscriber, and publisher. Again, thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content