Replies

CTI Ports unregistering on callmanager

pmarovino
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

we have the following scenario:

- 2 x CCM v. 3.1(3a) SP C (in cluster)

- IVR v. 2.2(3a) SP C (non CCM co-resident)

- ICM v4.6.2

We have veirfied that, during the day, the CTI Ports on the CCM result unregistered, with the conseguence that users get the lines busy when they try to contact the IPCC. To recover the situation we must restart the CCM service.

Do someone have encountered already this behaviour??

Any suggestions about traces or debug to have more information on what happens??

Thanks

paolo.marovino@getronics.com

5 Replies 5

sandgupta
Level 1
Level 1

Paolo,

You might want to upgrade CM 3.1.3a SP F or 3.1.4b, IP IVR 2.2.4. This is recommended for IPCC. I have not seen this issue on above mentioned versions.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Hi Sandeep and thanks for the reply.

I got just a little question more: have you had any experience with redundant IVR?? Do you believe that I can confidently use the same release without any problems??

Thank again

Paolo

Hi Paolo,

You can perform load sharing with 2 IP IVRs, like route select checking peripheral online for IVR 1, if it is not online, send route select label to IVR 2.

IVR does not support a duplex architecture, i.e. not having a mechanism like side A & B, one being active at a time.

Thanks,

Sandeep

ng.saravanan
Level 1
Level 1

Paolo Marovino,

Please keep the CCM on line where you want to registered all the CTI ports whichever unregistered automatically. Shutdown the services of other CCM.

Please do the registration once again. Start all the CCM again. I hope that problem will be resolved.

There is a possiblity to have this issue after upgrading your CCM.

This is what I understood from my experience. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Saravanan NG

Saravanan

Well, cycling CCM or CTI Manager services to temporarily fix problem is definitely not a good fix. As you noticed this issue and know a temporary fix for it on CM 3.1.3a, others might have seen it too which most likely got fixed in new CM releases.

Upgrading CM & IP IVR will definitely help so that we don't chase a problem which is already fixed. I have not seen this problem in advised CM release 3.1.4b.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Sandeep