Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CTI ports vs. IVR licences

I need to clarify some doubts: I am installing an Exp.Enh. 3.1 bundle 10 CADgts 10 IVR, but I do not have a clear idea about the difference between:

1. qty. of IVR ports needed vs. qty. of CTI ports needed, and a clear concept of IVR port vs. CTI port.

2.Are the CTI route points the numbers that will be dialed from the PSTN to get into the queue or they could be some kind of translation pattern ?

3.In case I buy more Agent Desktop licences and more IVR licences, what is the way to add this new licences to my system? I need to reinstall all the box again?

Any idea will be welcomed,

1 REPLY

Re: CTI ports vs. IVR licences

1) A CTI port is a function of CallManager to handle a caller session. An IVR port is a function of the CRS system to handle a caller session. 10 IVR ports means 10 concurrent sessions. Generally speaking you will need a CTI port on CallManager for every IVR/ICD port on CRS.

2) CallManager CTI Route Points are the Directory Numbers used to access a CRS application. They are defined as the JTAPI triggers on CRS. The CRS application takes control of the CTI Route Point and CTI ports that are defined on CallManager.

3) You do not need to reinstall to add Agent Desktop or port licenses. You use the License Update Utility.

For more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/index.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content