cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI Route Point not overwriting voicemail profile

gordon.hawkins
Level 2
Level 2

I have a CTI route point with extension 5000 - this is a main number that forwards directly to unity with a voicemail profile of "2900" and plays a message directing callers to different callers, and allows them to transfer out to an operator if one is available.

This works great, but when some of my inside callers forward their sets to 5000 (for instance, when they are absent from the office) there is a problem.

For instance, ext. 5024 is forwarded to 5000. Ext. 5024 has a voicemail profile of XXXX. When a caller dials 5024, 5024's personal voicemail message is played - they are NOT forwarded to the "autoattendant" on 5000.

When I use "Call Viewer" to analyse the call, the forwarding station is still the original VM profile (5024) when the call reaches Unity - not 2900 as it should be when it was overwritten by the CTI route point at 5000.

This poses a problem - shouldn't the VM profile be the last CTI route, or phone that the call is sent to before it is sent to Unity? I am somewhat confused... When I was testing this, it worked the first time as wanted (ie: internal extensions forwarded to 5000 play 5000's greeting, not their own personal greetings), but subsequent tests the outcome changed.

I don't think this is a Unity problem, as the correct VM profile never reaches Unity.

We're running CCM 3.3(3) SR3.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Gordon,

I just had this same issue and went over it with TAC and this is how CCM works and it does make sense.

When user A (5024) has their fwdall set to 5000, and user B calls 5024 , 5024 is the dialed party # and the dialed party # is what gets sent along to unity.

In the case we had, the DNs were shared so we created a alternate extension in Unity for that number and it fixed it for us since it was a shared mail box / handler. In your case I'm not sure offhand if there is a easy workaround for this.

On the subscriber, you can set their caller input to still transfer to operator, etc.

Thanks for the info! I don't think setting an alternate extension for my auto attendant (@ DN 5000) works since the user at 5024 has their own personal Unity mailbox.

It would make sense for me to have the voicemail profile be overwritten and set as the last mask value before CCM sends the call to Unity - why would you want to have it any other way?

I'll keep investigating.. I'd open a TAC case but I don't have any active service contracts. I can't search open bug databases either unfortunatly.

Can anyone else help with this one? This also happens in this example:

User A (5024) forwards her set to User B (5015) for the day since she is away from the office. If an outside caller calls User A, User B's set does ring (as states the forwarding condition) but if User B does not answer the call - User A's voicemail is the one that is played to the outside caller, not User B.

This makes for a very problematic situation when staff members are absent!