Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CTI Route Point problem when forwarding to Unity

here's my situation. I have a situation where I want a certain DID to go to a particular call handler on my Unity Voice Mail Server. I created a CTI Route Point Extension in CallManager that is setup to forward all calls to the voicemail extension.<br><br>Now here's the problem. My PSTN provider (I have a PRI with DIDs coming in) is sending 7 digits to my Gateway router that terminates the PRI. I then have a voip dial peer with a destination pattern of ....... (7 dots), and a session target of my CallManager. This, by design, sends all calls from the PSTN to my callmanager. In my Callmanager, all my extensions are 4 digits, so I'm using a translation pattern that strips off the first three numbers in the dialed number pattern, which leaves a 4 digit extension. Now, this works fine with all my IP Phones, but for this CTI Route point I created, something weird is happening. It seems that translation is happening, because the call is getting forwarded to voicemail. If the translation wasn't happening, the call wouldn't be processed, because I don't have any extensions that are 7 digits. However, when the call comes in to the Unity Server, it's back to 7 digits. Since it's back at 7 digits, the unity server doesn't match it with the correct call handler, so it sends it to the default call handler.<br><br>I know that 7 digits are being passed to the unity server because I can use a call Viewer that shows me what's coming in. This is only happening when i create this virtual extension as a CTI Route Point or CTI Port. When I assign it to an IP Phone and forward it to Voice Mail, it sends the correct amount of digits.<br><br>Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? Is this expected behavior? Is this a known bug? I'm using CallManager 3.0(11) and Unity 3.0. Thanks in advance for any help?<br><br>Jeff Sailers<br>Senior Network Engineer<br>Intelisys<br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: CTI Route Point problem when forwarding to Unity

Well, we're mostly just Unity folks out here and what is happening with the digit manipulation is happening before it hits Unity. However, we can try to help, and you probably have a slew of options.

You could simply change the extension number of the call handler to match the 7 digits. If that isn't going to fly, then Unity can remap the 7 digit extension into a 4 digit extension (that's both of those ideas are just working around the issue).

Keith once showed me a much easier way to strip digits off of DIDs like this. It wasn't using a translational pattern, it was using a field on the H.323 gateway that was created to connect to the PRI. If you're out there today Keith, what was that?

If it's an IOS gateway, you can also translate the number at the GW, but it's not fun.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Gold

Re: CTI Route Point problem when forwarding to Unity

What you want to do it sent "Num Digits" to 4 on the h.323 gateway in CallManager and then click the "Sig Digits" check box. Reset the gateway (which does not actually reload the router) through the CallManager. CallManager will only look at the last 4 digits then.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.