Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CTIManager Service

I have installed a CCM server in a lab environment. I was working on installing and configuring the CallManager Attendant Console today. I wasn't having any luck getting it to work until I looked at the services in the Control Center on the CallManager. The CTIManager service showed up with a ? and said "Unspecified Error". I thought that this might be the root of my problems and it turned out that it was. The CTIManager service wasn't showing up as a service through computer manager. To make a long stroy shorter, I ran the CTIManager.exe from the Program Files\Cisco\bin folder and the Attendant Console started working correctly. I have seen this problem on at least six other CCM servers that have been installed straight from the Cisco CallManager 3.1(3a) CDs. I have two questions relating to this: 1) Any idea why the install doesn't create the service? and 2) How do I go about adding the service manually so that it will show up correctly in Control Center?

Thanks for the info!

Matthew

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: CTIManager Service

Don't know on the first question, I haven't personally encountered this problem. You might find something in the event logs. What servers are you installing on? Are these "official" CDs you're using or copies? There have been many strange errors when using copied CDs.

As for 2, you should be able to go to start>programs>Cisco CallManager 3.1 >Cisco Service Configuration and add it in.

I checked the event logs and couldn't find anything related. The install process isn't even adding the CTIManager service to the Windows 2000 server. The servers are Cisco MCS 7835's. The CDs are official CDs and the other 6 servers that I have referenced were installed using a different set of official CDs. I opened up the Cisco Service Configuration and the CTIManager box was already checked. One thing I didn't try was unchecking it and saying ok and then opening it back up and checking it again. Maybe that will do the trick. If you have any other ideas, please share them with me.

Thanks again for your input!

Matthew

Cisco Employee

If CTIManager doesn't appear as a service you can go to the \bin directory you referenced and use"CTIManager.exe -service". Note that this is a "toggle" and if it is already in windows service control this will make it go away.

I had a chance this morning to look at 2 of the 6 production servers that I referenced yesterday and they both have the same problem with Cisco CTIManager not being listed as a service in the Computer Management screen of Windows 2000. The service in the Control Center shows up with the same question mark and unspecified error. I opened up the Cisco CallManager Configuration application and unchecked CTIManger, clicked Apply, closed the app, opened it back up, checked CTIManager, and it added the service and it shows up properly in the Control Center.

Thanks for all the help!

Matthew

Views
Helpful
Replies