Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CTIOS Supervisor Desktop does not show agent names

Hi all. We are running ICM 5.0 with CTI OS. On the Supervisor Desktop there is no agent name information under the "Name" column. All other information shows up (extenstion, etc.), but it is difficult to remember which agent goes with which extension.

I've reviewed the CTI OS registry and noticed the agentquery key (...CiscoSystems\CTIOS\server\agentinfolookup). Is this the query that CTIOS uses to populate this column (seems like it might as it obtains the agent first and last name from t_Person table). I used this same query (modified to fill in the peripheral ID and # than CTIOS would be sending) in the SQL Query analyzer and it fails. The error I get is:

Server: Msg 245, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Syntax error converting the varchar value 'NV10189886' to a column of data type int.

Upon drilling down a bit it seems like this error is caused by an issue on the t_Agent.PeripheralNumber column. If I do a simply SELECT with something like WHERE t_Agent.PeripheralNumber=1234, I see the result briefly flash up on the screen and then is over-written by the error that I mentioned above.

I'm not sure if I'm down in a rat hole, so any help is appreciated.

TIA

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: CTIOS Supervisor Desktop does not show agent names

When you installed the CTIos Server did you create a File DSN to access the icm database? If so you need to go to the DSN file (Probably in C:\Program Files\Common Files\ODBC) and open that DSN in notepad. Then insert the following line:

pwd=password (obviously replace the password with your sql user password)

When creating the DSN file in ODBC the file is created but the pwd=password is not populated into the file. Let me know if you need anything else. Also, the user needs Select rights to t_Agent and t_Person. You can use your sa user to test it but I recommend creating a user with only the pertinent rights.

Re: CTIOS Supervisor Desktop does not show agent names

ODBC is fine. I found that the problem is due to how Cisco implemented the SQL query for agent names when the Peripheral Number contained non-numeric characters. When I started to consider the error:

Server: Msg 245, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Syntax error converting the varchar value 'NV10189886' to a column of data type int.

I realized that SQL was trying to convert characters in the Peripheral Number column to integers.

The query for agent names, I believed was in the registry. I modfied this entry from:

SELECT t_Agent.PeripheralID, t_Agent.PeripheralNumber, t_Person.LastName, t_Person.FirstName FROM t_Person, t_Agent WHERE t_Person.PersonID=t_Agent.PersonID AND t_Agent.PeripheralNumber=%s AND t_Agent.PeripheralID=%u

to the following:

SELECT t_Agent.PeripheralID, t_Agent.PeripheralNumber, t_Person.LastName, t_Person.FirstName FROM t_Person, t_Agent WHERE t_Person.PersonID=t_Agent.PersonID AND t_Agent.PeripheralNumber= cast(%s as varchar(10)) AND t_Agent.PeripheralID=%u

and now agent names show up fine (note the CAST function for the t_Agent.PeripheralNumber).

Joel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content