Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Ctrl-Alt-Del - 7835H-EVV1 CCM 3.3(2)spC issue with keyboard

Hi,

I've just installed CCM 3.3(2)spC on a cluster of three 7835H-EVV1s and have encountered a problem with keyboards. As I was doing the install without a KVM switch, I have had to keep swapping the keyboard around to the machine I want to use (whilst I put on all the patches, etc...)

Now, every time I reboot a server, the keyboard will not work properly - when the Win2k splash screen appears saying press ctrl-alt-del to login, I cannot get the key press to be recognised. The keyboard works in all other respects as I can move focus around with the keyboard, etc..

Now we have a KVM switch and the problem still occurs even though all servers are connected to a keyboard, video and mouse.

To get around it, I have to temporarily plug in the keyboard I installed it with just for the ctrl-alt-del key sequence....

Is this a security feature - i.e. ctrl-alt-del is intercepted for special treatment ?

Is it a BIOS problem?

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Ctrl-Alt-Del - 7835H-EVV1 CCM 3.3(2)spC issue with keyboard

The ccm install detects the KB and installs drivers for it so whatever was detected during install, that's what it's looking for. I am unsure if there is a way to change this.

Does this mean that if you are installing a cluster of CCMs, you have to have the KVM switch you will use in the rack connected prior to the install or the install will not be guaranteed to work?

Is there a way of resetting the keyboard interface driver? I really do not want to spend a few more days starting the install from scratch again :(

Cisco Employee

At least some kind of keyboard device should be connected during the install.

For stabilities sake, I would make sure it stays connected until the install is complete.

Views
Helpful
Replies