Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CUBE or No CUBE for a SIP handoff

Can someone explain to me what are the drawbacks of not using a CUBE to connect a SIP handoff. Affectively my external consulting firm wants to go from the SIP handoff -- > Router [no CUBE] --> CUCM.

Will this work and if it did, what risks are we looking at here if we did it this way?

Matthew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am not quite sure what the

I am not quite sure what the issue is. In your scenario, you mention router. If we have a router which interconnects between SIP provider and CUCM that is in effect a CUBE configuration. Since CUBE is honor based, you are just not buying the license and simply using something that you didnt pay for.

If you dont have a router in between, you will have to expose your CUCM to the SIP provider which means someone from the provider side could get into your CUCM and take a look around. :) If you are not worried about security at all, this will definitely work but CUBE has a little more functionality against SIP to SIP interworking which in some rare scenarios will be handy.

Please rate useful posts.
1 REPLY

I am not quite sure what the

I am not quite sure what the issue is. In your scenario, you mention router. If we have a router which interconnects between SIP provider and CUCM that is in effect a CUBE configuration. Since CUBE is honor based, you are just not buying the license and simply using something that you didnt pay for.

If you dont have a router in between, you will have to expose your CUCM to the SIP provider which means someone from the provider side could get into your CUCM and take a look around. :) If you are not worried about security at all, this will definitely work but CUBE has a little more functionality against SIP to SIP interworking which in some rare scenarios will be handy.

Please rate useful posts.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content