cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE Testing Inbound Failover from Service Provider

tsardena
Level 1
Level 1

I have multiple SIP trunks from a service provider and I would like to be able to send a 503 SIP error (service unavailable) back to the service provider from the primary location to test failover on some numbers without having to fail the whole trunk. Testing inbound failover from Primary to secodary location. Is this possible from the CUBE using a dial-peer?

Three SIP trunks each terminating at seperate CUBE connecting to CUCM cluster   

6 Replies 6

Karthik Sivaram
Level 4
Level 4

Yes possible with SIP options ping...

Cisco UBE Support for generating Out-of-dialog SIP OPTIONS Ping messages to monitor SIP :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/cube/configuration/guide/vb_9321.html

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Karthik

What I read here is that this would be for monitoring the trunk and helping to to failover quickly. What I am asking for is the ability to send 503 even though everything is working and to be able to apply it to a dial-peer so that it is just for a couple of numbers that I am using to test, not all incoming calls.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

with out ever having tried this, I would try to create two incoming dial peers:

1-voip dial-peer that getts hit for your test pattern (using incoming called number)

2-one that would gets hit for all else,  (incoming called number .)

stick a codec on the first dialpeer that is not supported by your ISP, that should fail the incoming call hitting the first dial-peer.

open for suggestions.............

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Changing the dial-peer to an un-supported codec does get the call to fail, but with another error, not 503 error.

Could you use a SIP profile to change the error the CUBE generates in to a 503?

TAC gave me the answer

voice translation-rule 3
rule 1 reject /^.*/

!
voice translation-profile BLOCK
translate called 3

sip-ua
set pstn-cause 63 sip-status 503

dial-peer voice 1 voip
description SEND 503
session protocol sipv2
incoming called-number 9498675309

Add this to dial-peer that matches the calls you want to send 503 as response

call-block translation-profile incoming BLOCK         

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: