Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.0.1 Corporate Directory - Hide Users/Sys Accounts

egrinkin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm running 6.0.1 2000-3 and need to hide recently termed users and the system accounts in the Corporate Directory.

I've read the posts and cisco pdf's but can not find the fix. Does anyone know how to hide the users/sys accounts, but keep them all in the same ou?

Thanks in advance,

Liz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jdhoefler
Level 1
Level 1

This may or may not work for you, depending on how you use AD. You can place a character that LDAP does not recognize in front of the First Name and Last Name in AD. We use the tilde character ~.

If you don't user other applications, such as Share Point, that use First Name and Last Name fields, you should be ok.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

egrinkin1
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone been able to do this? Rob!?! Where are you buddy?

~ Liz

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Liz,

I really wish that I could help you my friend but we don't run AD at our Campus yet (I know). I will enquire with some of my peers and let you know if I find any viable answers.

Sorry about that! I would help if I could :)

Rob

Hi, Anyone got any news on hiding users yet. We need some of the users to be active (for CRS authentication) but dont displayed. Dont really have the option for separate containers either. CiscoPrivateUser and [ doesnt work either. Anyone from Cisco looking here?

jdhoefler
Level 1
Level 1

This may or may not work for you, depending on how you use AD. You can place a character that LDAP does not recognize in front of the First Name and Last Name in AD. We use the tilde character ~.

If you don't user other applications, such as Share Point, that use First Name and Last Name fields, you should be ok.

Hi,

Thank you for posting a suggestion. Can you give me an example of a character that LDAP won't recognize?

~ Liz

I think he/she mentioned a tilda (~) was what they used. I havent tried this but am interested. Can someone let me know if this doesnt work, thanks!

Thank you for reading slowly. As opposed to what I did! I'll ask our exchange admin to test one and I'll let you know.

It does work, I've used this as recently as this week. One think I forgot to mention is that once you add the Tilde "~" in front of the First Name and Last Name to the Active Direcory account, you must resynchronize your CUCM LDAP directory. When you search for the User in CUCM, you will notice that the user is "inactive". It may take up to 24 hours for the cleanup process to run and actually remove the account from CUCM.

I had to rate this one, totally sweet ;) We actually use the sdk which gives us the freedom to filter whatever we want in the source code. I suggest anyone with a bit of coding skills looks at the sdk the ciscoipphonexml is pretty easy!

Chad

I havent tried it yet but suspect that it wont help my little problem. If the users become inactive and are removed from CUCM, sure they wont be in the directory, but they also wont be available for authentication either, i.e. connected CRS server with CUCM end user account CRSADMIN needs to be in the End user directory on CUCM, therefore will appear in the phone directory. The only answer is to write your own code I believe.

I did try it and it is working. Some of the account that i added ~ are gone from phone Corporate Directory.

I talked with our Windows Engineer and he recommend me to use LDAP filter to exclude certain users.

Anyone know where to add LDAP filter?

Thanks

I looked for LDAP filtering some time back and couldn't find it. I seem to recall there was a reference to using an LDAP query to link CCM to AD, but in the end I had to link directly to an OU instead (I would have been great to just retrieve users that had an IPPhone AD attribute).

For Corp Dir, we also went the SDK route and customised that for our needs.

I tested taking the "Last Name" attribute out on AD and that filter WORKS as well, if any of you want to use that as an alternative to adding the special character.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: