cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1 Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings

phretbored
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set a DN that Line 5 of a pilot point hunt group to transfer to voicemail via the 'Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings>Forward No Answer Internal/External>Destination' field:

Device>Phone>Selected DN>Call Forward and Pickup Settings>Forward No Answer Internal/External>Destination

When I set the Destination field on Line 5 to a dial string in the format #01234 it shoud transfer the caller to an individual voicemail account but instead it transfers to the general voicemail system recording.

If I open a new call on my phone and dial the Line 5 DN directly and enter the same dial string it correctly transfers to the individual voicemail account.

As each line in the pilot point hunt group becomes busy the call flow goes to the next available line.all the way down to the 5th line.

If Line 1 is not answered it goes to a call handler greeting and that works just fine.

However if the call flow gets to Line 5 and Line 5 is not answered or it is busy I want Line 5 to transfer to an individual voicemail...but it only transfers to the general voicemail system recording.

Has anybody seen this type of problem before?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mark,

Just curious :) When you said,

"If I set the Destination field on Line 5 to transfer to another DN it works correctly and rings that DN...so I am trying to understand why it doesn't work correctly when transferring to Unity?"

Does this part work when ringing through the Hunt setup or only when dialed directly? If it works when routing through the Hunt you would need to find out what DN is being presented to Unity. If for example the DN for Line 5 is 2222 and 2222 is being presented properly to Unity you could simply configure 2222 as an Alternate Extension under the desired subscriber mailbox.

Let us know,

Rob

View solution in original post

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Mark,

Each subscriber in Unity has a unique DN, this is the called party number, in your case the called party number will be the pilot point or the DID number which is forwarded to Unity depending on how you have configured it.

Therefore all you need to do once the call is forwarded into Unity is to create either a Direct or Forward routing rule which can then send the calling party to a particular Subscribers greeting.

In your case Unity simply doesn't recogise the dialled number. If you open the CallViewer unity from within UnityToolsDepot and then dial hunt-pilot or the number which is forwarded to the huntpilot, the callviewer will show you what the direct or forwarded number is.

This is the number that you need to configure as a routing rule and send the calling party to a Subscriber.

Either of the two steps I mentioned simply drop the call into Unity. The simplest would be to configure your call-forward pattern #???? in the hunt-pilot hunt-forward-settings destination field, and set the appropriate CSS.

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

There are two beter alternative options you could use to do this. You can either configure the Hunt Pilot settings to call forward hunt on no answer to the VM pilot.

Or ideally you can simply add the VoiceMail line-group to the hunt-list used by the your specific huntgroup pilot.

Once you have done this, change the line-group settings for your hunt-group so that your hunt options are set to try next member then try next group in hunt-list.

This will then ensure that when no one is available in your line-group that the call will be routed to the second line-group in the list which is the voicemail group.

Once the call is Unity you will then need to configure your direct routing rules accordingly to deliver the call to a specific subscriber greeting.

Hope this helps

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Allan,

Maybe I am incorrect but the method I was attempting seemed like the easiest and most direct way to accomplish what I need.

What I want to do is transfer callers to a specific subscber voicemail only if their call hits Line 5 in the hunt group and only if Line 5 is not answered or busy.

CUCM/Unity has the ability to transfer callers direct to a subscriber VM without ringing their DN.

If I set the Destination field on Line 5 to transfer to another DN it works correctly and rings that DN...so I am trying to understand why it doesn't work correctly when transferring to Unity?

It should work (at least it seems like it should work!)

I am thinking that your first suggestion doesn't fit my needs as that would only transfer the caller to the VM pilot which is not directly to the subscriber voicemail.

Your second suggestion is more involved and I am looking into it further at this time.

Hi Mark,

Just curious :) When you said,

"If I set the Destination field on Line 5 to transfer to another DN it works correctly and rings that DN...so I am trying to understand why it doesn't work correctly when transferring to Unity?"

Does this part work when ringing through the Hunt setup or only when dialed directly? If it works when routing through the Hunt you would need to find out what DN is being presented to Unity. If for example the DN for Line 5 is 2222 and 2222 is being presented properly to Unity you could simply configure 2222 as an Alternate Extension under the desired subscriber mailbox.

Let us know,

Rob

Rob,

Ok I added the Line 5 DN as an alternate extension on the subscriber Unity account.

Now when I call Line 5 it will transfer directly to the subscriber voicemail as long as I have a string like #0XXXX in the 'Call Forward>Destination' fields.

Alternate extensions are something I have never really used but it is a very cool feature.

Thanks for the tip!

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Mark,

Each subscriber in Unity has a unique DN, this is the called party number, in your case the called party number will be the pilot point or the DID number which is forwarded to Unity depending on how you have configured it.

Therefore all you need to do once the call is forwarded into Unity is to create either a Direct or Forward routing rule which can then send the calling party to a particular Subscribers greeting.

In your case Unity simply doesn't recogise the dialled number. If you open the CallViewer unity from within UnityToolsDepot and then dial hunt-pilot or the number which is forwarded to the huntpilot, the callviewer will show you what the direct or forwarded number is.

This is the number that you need to configure as a routing rule and send the calling party to a Subscriber.

Either of the two steps I mentioned simply drop the call into Unity. The simplest would be to configure your call-forward pattern #???? in the hunt-pilot hunt-forward-settings destination field, and set the appropriate CSS.

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Allan,

Right on...I did check out the Unity Call Viewer.

Unity was recognizing my Line 5 DN correctly as the dialed number.

Unity was also recognizing the calling number DN correctly...but Unity was forwarding the call to my Line 5 DN which does not have a VM account.

That explains why the call would not transfer correctly to the subscriber VM account I specified in the Line 5 'Call Forward>Destination' field.

You mentioned that I could set the 'call-forward pattern #???? in the hunt-pilot hunt-forward-settings destination field'

Does that mean the setting done on the hunt pilot Call Forward parameters applies to all DNs in the hunt group?

For example if I have 5 DNs in a hunt group and I set the hunt pilot for that hunt group to forward no answer to my DN...then will each of the 5 DNs in the hunt group forward to my DN if they are not answered even if the 5 DNs would not have anything set on them individually?

Rob and Allan I gave you both points.

You both made specific suggestions that I used to resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Hi Mark, thanks for the appreciation :)

You are correct, once all five members of the group DNA, then the call-forward pattern will only work if you had a subscriber that was associated with the dialed number of the hunt pilot.

For example if you dialed the hunt-pilot DN1234, you will need to ensure that you configure either an alternate number on an existing subscriber, or a routing rule to match this number and decide what action to take.

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Hey Mark,

You are most welcome my friend! Glad to be of some small help here.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: