cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1 DirSync and CUCM trash collector program

phretbored
Level 1
Level 1

If I turn on DirSync and CUCM syncs LDAP data to CUCM but I then turn off DirSync before the trash collector program runs will my original user data be there in the CUCM corp directory?

3 Replies 3

peter_forster
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

after you disable DirSync (System --> LDAP --> LDAP-System) all User accounts will be stored in the CUCM DB and the garbage collection will not run. So after disabling the sync, all user data can be configured normally within the UM Administration.

Best wishes from Austria

Peter Forster

Peter,

Right on.

So what you are saying is that if I enable DirSync and allow the sync to happen and I don't like the results I can disable DirSync before the garbage collector program runs and my original CUCM User database data will be available again?

The main thing I was trying to determine is if DirSync is enabled and the actual sync process happens does it permanently alter my CUCM User database at that point even before the garbage collector program runs.

Somebody pointed me to the correct documentation for "Cisco Unified Communications Solution Reference Network Design (SRND)

Based on Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 6.x"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/uc6_0.html

It includes some really thorough information on LDAP Directory Integration.

I am currently reading through the details.

Man I wish I had found this from the start it would have saved me a lot of time and questions! :)

About your question when disabling DirSync:

No, all users since the last sync will be in the CUCM User database. That said, there is no way other than restoring a backup to go back to the database before the first sync was done.

The DirSync runs as you have found in the SRND guide. Every day at 3.15 am the garbage collector runs and deletes only users which where deletet or disabled in your LDAP directory. After disabling DirSync the database will not run any garbage collection again and all users since the last sync will be in the CUCM database.

Hope that helps!

Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: