cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1 DirSync

phretbored
Level 1
Level 1

What happens to the CUCM built in Corp Directory when DirSync is enabled?

Does it just remain stored in CUCM in a locked state or whatever with the data that it contained at the time DirSync is enabled?

If I enable DirSync as a test to see the results and then wanted to turn DirSync back off for some reason then will CUCM simply begin using the built in Corp Directory again?

4 Replies 4

joel
Level 1
Level 1

No....there is no reverting back, you can maybe export users using the BAT tool and then reimport them...

Note: If end users exist in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager database before synchronization with a corporate directory occurs, the system will delete those end users that did not have a matching user ID in the corporate directory. For example, if users bob and sanjay were in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager database, but only bob was in the LDAP directory, then sanjay would be marked inactive and eventually get deleted by the garbage collector program.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmcfg/b02ldsys.html#wp1053042

JoeL

JoeL,

Right on.

I have read through the relevant documentation and I understand what will happen once DirSync is enabled.

Ideally there would never be a need to revert back once DirSync is running...but I thought it was still worth asking.

Is there any reason to export and save the existing CUCM user data?

No..not unless you want to revert back.

It does not hurt to do an export though, you can compare and make sure you have all the users in LDAP as well..

JoeL

~rate if posts help!

I guess my instincts are to test DirSync first to see how it performs and also see what changes or cleanup would be needed.

The ability to revert back quickly and easily would be nice but it looks like reverting back is a little more involved...although not really too much work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: