Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.X - VmWare Memory Requirement

Hi there,

I just installed a CUCM 6.x on a VmWarare and it's seems to works fine except....

From another PC, I access it by web and it is so slow.. It's pretty much if I can't login because it's too slow.

What are the physical memory requirement on the PC that I've install the Vm to run CUCM.

thanks a lot

6 Replies 6

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Phil, just as a reference, I have a PC core2duo with 3 GB og RAM and 250GB of HD, for my lab, CUCM 6.0 is running on the VMWare with 2GB RAM and 72GB of HD and it is working fine.

Best regards

David

ok, I'm running an old 800 mgz with 512 of ram, I guess it's normal if I can't access the CCM Web page, well I can access it but when I login it's too slow

esmoreno
Level 1
Level 1

I got it working smoothly with 1GB.

Regards,

Esteban

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Philippe,

What OS are you running? Have you thought of running Linux?

Linux would run this more smoothly then windows will especially with so little ram.

I would set the OS as linux and install VMWare Server. Load the VMWare Image. Back online.

or

Upgrade your ram to atleast 1gb. Set your pagefille to 1.5 GB min and 1.5 max with the Windows OS as this will help in stoping your windows os in pagefile allocation.

HTH, Please Rate

Regards,

Justin

thanks a lot

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

I have CUCM, Unity, AD/Exchange, IPCC on a single server running Linux OpenSuse 11/VMware Server.

I also have dual boot on this pc with Windows and Linux and have tested both OS's. Linux is much smoother in response. The MOH on the windows OS is choppy when I place a call on hold, with Linux it's clear as can be.

HTH

Justin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: