Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM LDAP Integration

We are running CUCM 10.5.1 and using all local end users.  We want to setup LDAP integration, and I am trying to figure out what services will be effected.  

Can anyone inform me what services use the CUCM end user database for authentication?  I assume it is only administrators that log into the website and Jabber clients.  Are there any other uses for these credentials?    

Are there any other caveats that I should be concerned about?  One thought is I don't want to import a bunch of service accounts or distribution groups, so I need to set some LDAP filters.  Are there any other pitfalls that I should know about?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

If you enable ccmadmin access

If you enable ccmadmin access for end users, they would use their LDAP credentials for that, if you set UCMuser, for that as well. If you use Jabber, also for that.

There is a default filter for what to import, the CUCM documentation for the LDAP sync has it, depending on what directory source you use, only users will be imported, you can change it if required.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

If you enable ccmadmin access

If you enable ccmadmin access for end users, they would use their LDAP credentials for that, if you set UCMuser, for that as well. If you use Jabber, also for that.

There is a default filter for what to import, the CUCM documentation for the LDAP sync has it, depending on what directory source you use, only users will be imported, you can change it if required.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

So you are saying that the

So you are saying that the only uses for the CUCM end user credentials are:  Call Manager website administration, end user self care webpage, and Jabber.   Correct?

Another question:  When we

Another question:  When we enable LDAP, if the local user has the same ID as the LDAP user, then the local user will become LDAP enabled and will be overwritten by LDAP attributes.  

If the local user is not found in LDAP, that local user will stay in CUCM, correct?

Cisco Employee

Answer to all the above, yes.

Answer to all the above, yes.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Great.  Thanks for the help

Great.  Thanks for the help Jaime.

Views
Helpful
Replies