Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM's DLU Calculator Questions

Dear colleagues,

Have a several questions about some entries in CM DLU calculator.

1. What is this <IP-STE> ? Why it takes so much DLU quantity ?

2. What is this <Other Phone> ?

3. What is the difference b/w <3d-party SIP (Basic)> and <3d-party SIP (Advanced)> ?

4. What is this <H.323 Client> ? Can you, please, provide the examples ?

5. What is this <VGC Virtual Phone> ?

6. In terms of TelePresence what type device does register on CUCM consuming 6 DLU ?

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Gentlemen,

Any ideas ?

Did I ask too many questions ? :)

Hi Tobivan,

I'll try to answer your questions. I am not aware of all your queries, I am answering whatever I know -

1. What is this ? Why it takes so much DLU quantity ?

SK - Don't have any idea on this. Here's what I found -

IP Secure Telephone Equipment

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/12_4t4/htv1501.html

2. What is this ?

SK - Not Aware

3. What is the difference b/w <3d-party SIP (Basic)> and <3d-party SIP (Advanced)> ?

SK - Difference is in the number of lines supported by the SIP Phone. If it support single line like out 7911 its a basic phone, if it supports 2 or more lines like 7940 its advanced.

4. What is this ? Can you, please, provide the examples ?

SK - These can be any phones running H.323 firmware typically Video Conferencing phones.

5. What is this ?

SK - These are the analog phones connected to VG224.

6. In terms of TelePresence what type device does register on CUCM consuming 6 DLU ?

SK - The telepresence codec and the IP Phone gets registered to the UCM. The IP phone 7970 consumes 5 DLUs, while the Codec/Telepresence endpoint consumes 6 DLUs irrespective of telepresence model. Per unity 11 DLUs would be comsumed.

HTH.

-> Sushil

Sushil, thank you much for your comments.

Colleagues, any suggestions based on your personal experience ?

UP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: