Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM SME version 8.x ANI based call routing

Hi,

I have a need to route an incoming call to a CUCM SME version 8.x from a SIP trunk, out to a specific group of TDM E1s on an MGCP registered voice gateway based on the Calling Number. From what I understand there is a parameter in the Translation Pattern configuration namely "Route Next Hop By Calling Party Number" that allows this to happen.

Could someone explain each step of the call path through the cucm please i.e from the call arriving on the SIP trunk on the CUCM to the call being delivered to a Route Group containing the voice gateways allocated for that particular ANI.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Raymond,

Please check the following link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-19628

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue I have is that I have calls being received into the CUCM cluster from a SIP Trunk from different countries. They are dialing the same number or to put it another way the dialed digits being received by the CUCM over the SIP trunk are the same.

I need to route the call depending on the country the call was received from (calling number) over the SIP Trunk and route the call to a specific MGCP Voice Gateway depending on the calling number.

i.e. Simple call path

Country A > SIP Trunk > CUCM > MGCP Voice Gateway 1

Country B > SIP Trunk > CUCM >  MGCP Voice Gateway 2

So if the Called Number for example is 6666XXXX and the calling number from "Country A "is "77778888" . A Translation Pattern based on the Called Number  will have the "Route Next Hop By Calling Party Number" parameter checked. Which means route the called based on 77778888. 

How does the CUCM then route the call to MGCP Voice Gateway 1 and not MGCP Voice Gateway 2 based on the calling number?? i.e. the dialed number will not change so what is the detailed call path after the TP decides that the call should route on the calling number and not the called number. From what I understand digit analysis is based on the called number and this will not change unless I need to change it to select the correct MGCP Voice Gateway depending on the calling number.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content