Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUE 2.1.3 license install

I am trying to upgrade license from 12 to 50 and it gives the following error on CUE.

Download error

Can not download cue-vm-license_50mbx_cme_2.1.3.pkg error code 227 error type '

Connect failed'

[15248 refs]

I can see the FTP request come in on the FTP logs, and user logon is successfully. THe FTP logs say that the remote socket closed the connection.

I am using the software install command.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ecc2b.html#wp1128322

Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: CUE 2.1.3 license install

I know this sounds strange, but I would try using something like FileZilla (FTP server) to rule out any issues there. I've seen a number of issues (especially with backup & restore) where cerberus seems to occasionally not reply correctly when CUE tries to request passive mode. Not sure why it's so interemitent (especially with backup/restore), but just to rule things out, I'd use Filezilla; that one always seems to work and if not, I think its logging are much better so it's easier to figure out what's not happening right.

4 REPLIES

What FTP server, and is the path set to directory that the license file is in? Any firewalls or access lists either way restricting traffic flow maybe one direction?

I am using Cerberus FTP server on my laptop. Firewall is disabled. Like I said before I can see the FTP user "cisco", password "cisco" login in the FTP server. See picture attached. The laptop and CUE module are in two different vlan segments separated by layer 3 switches, but no acl configs on them either. I will try connecting to the same lan tomorrow and see if that helps. Also will try another PC.

Sankar.

Cisco Employee

I know this sounds strange, but I would try using something like FileZilla (FTP server) to rule out any issues there. I've seen a number of issues (especially with backup & restore) where cerberus seems to occasionally not reply correctly when CUE tries to request passive mode. Not sure why it's so interemitent (especially with backup/restore), but just to rule things out, I'd use Filezilla; that one always seems to work and if not, I think its logging are much better so it's easier to figure out what's not happening right.

I had another FTP server (CesarFTP, freeware) and used that and the license upgrade is complete. Thanks for your suggestion. I am never gonna use Cerbrus any more..

Sankar.

Views
Helpful
Replies