cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE 2.1 script refresh issues

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

At times I am not able to upload new scripts to CUE 2.1 (2.1.0). It gives a script refresh error. Also is there any difference between the script editors for versin 2.1.3, 2.2.2 2.1.1 etc..?? Can I use a script edited using 2.1.3 in version 2.1.0 ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
2 Replies 2

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The scripts are only forward compatible... I.e. you can use a script created with an older version of script editor in a newer version of CUE, but NOT vice-versa. The reason (among other things) is that occasionally there are newer steps added that aren't supported in the older versions. In some cases it'll work, in others it won't work at all; and in some you'll get weird things, such as the date/time steps won't work right.

The bottom line is that you want to use the script editor that matches the oldest version of CUE that you plan on deploying with.

There weren't any real changes in the 2.1 editors. 2.1 added steps like Extension To User. Version 2.3 will add a few more things, as well (and it'll also include a debugger for scripts, which is nice).

About the refresh issue. I recall there were some problems in 2.1.1 and earlier where one could get a refresh issue. For one instance, it was something that would work if you would upload the script via the CLI (from an FTP server) instead of the GUI to work around the problem. For another issue (there's a bug ID...would have to check the release notes to be sure) that was fixed--I believe in 2.1.3--which also had symptoms like that. Basically once you'd get the error there was no way around it until you'd reload CUE. It was a fairly rare event (but annoying nonetheless). One thing that I do remember was that it was so rare that it was basically unreproducible. We found a potential problem, fixed it and then so far haven't heard anyone report such an issue since; but since it was rare to begin with, there's still a slight chance that there's something else causing the problem.

Markus,

Glad to hear that finally a reactive debugger is coming to the CUE world.

Regarding the script refresh issue - I have two AIMs, one running, 2.1.3 and another one running 2.1.0. I had installed 2.1.3 script editor and thought that if I am using basic editor steps like Day of the week, TOD, start, end, accept, terminate steps which are common to most CUE editor versions, I should be able to use the script on CUE 2.1.0. But it looks like there is indeed a incompatibility, because my CUE is not doing TOD routing properly. My script is a very basic one,

a. Play prompt1 if its business hours (weekday)

b. Play prompt2 if its closed hours (weekend and weekday)

But the CUE always seem to play the closed hour greeting, no matter what.

See the attached script..

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus