cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE and B-ACD integration

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

I have configured multiple B-ACDs in my 2811 router with the drop-through-option pointing to a single queue containing 2 hunt groups. I want to use the CUE to play the prompts to the user and then pass the call to the appropriate router B-ACD depending on the option the user selects in the CUE menu.

I can dial the B-ACD directly from a phone and get dropped through to the queue as expected. But when I redirect the call from CUE, I see the phone ring in the hunt group and it displays 1 call in queue, but after a timeout the phone I used to dial with is disconnected. I still see the 1 call in queue message on the phone that was ringing, but I can't answer it and it times out after awhile.

Is there something that needs to be configured either on the CUE or the B-ACD to cleanly redirect the call from CUE to the B-ACD?

13 Replies 13

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

I did a debug on voice application script for both a call directly to the aa with the drop-through-option configured (works fine) and the call that was redirected from CUE to the aa (doesn't work). The first difference I see in the two outputs is that the call from the CUE has the below error message:

SIP-3-INTERNAL: No subscribe handler registered for "refer"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mark

Mark,

Can you paste your CME configs ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I just tried it in my lab, and it worked fine. How are you tranferring the call from CUE script? Are you using redirect step?

Chris

Hi Chris,

I am using the redirect step in the CUE AA. I modified the default cue script to include a choice for the sales and service groups. These are the options that point to the cme B-ACD aa's.

To make sure I didn't mess up the script, I used the included script and listed the pilot-number of the first cme B-ACD as the operator in the cue scipt. I get the same issue.

Basically,

When a call is redirected from the CUE AA, I do not here a ring on the calling phone. The call is queued and the phones in the hunt group ring, but when the time to play the second greeting comes, the calling phone is disconnected and the call hangs in the queue until the max retry timer expires.

If I call the cme aa-pilot number directly, I hear the phone ring, the call is queued, the hunt-group phones ring, I hear the second-greeting. After the max-retry times out, I go to voice-mail. Basically, works as expected.

Thanks,

Mark

Would you happen to be able to attach your test scripts from both the cme and the cue? If you could attach the relevant portions of your cme config too, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Here is my cme config. Thanks for your assistance.

dlcharville
Level 4
Level 4

What versions of CME and CUE are you using?

I know CUE 2.3 now has different options of how it transfers calls.

I have this exact process working for a customer that I just upgraded to CME 4.0(3) and CUE 2.3.2

Dan

Hi Dan,

I am using cme 4.0(3) and cue 2.3.2.

Thanks,

Mark

Get into the CUE CLI and do a 'show ccn subsystem sip'. What is the Transfer Mode? Might have to change it to bye-also.

Dan

I was specifically interested in seeing how your dial-peers were setup. You will need to setup loopback based routing to send the incoming sip call back to the router itself and trigger the bacd script.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a0080566c4a.shtml

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Here are the dial-peers:

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

preference 7

service aa

incoming called-number 1000

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 1001 voip

destination-pattern 1000

session target ipv4:192.168.60.1

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dial-peer voice 1002 voip

service aa2

incoming called-number 1002

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 1003 voip

destination-pattern 1002

session target ipv4:192.168.60.1

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Thank you,

Mark

Hrm I thought I posted this before but here it goes again. The only difference with my dial-peers is that I have the 'incoming called-number' command in the same voip dial-peer.

!

dial-peer voice 810 voip

description Dial-peer for Customer Service Call Que

service aa-customer-service

destination-pattern 810

session target ipv4:192.168.12.3

incoming called-number 810

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

Don't know why this would make a difference but I guess worth a shot.

Dan

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

I had to change the CUE transfer mode to make this work. It was set to transfer semi-attended. I changed it to transfer blind bye-also and it started working.

Thanks for all your assistance.