Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUE AuoAttendant call handling based on different schedules at 2 locations

What is the most elegant way to have an AA divert calls to live extensions M-Th 9AM-5PM and Fri 9AM-5:30PM on one attendant and M-Fri 9AM-5PM on another attendant?

I can see where the web interface lets you specify business hours and it generates text configs as follows:

calendar biz-schedule westashley

closed day 1 from 00:00 to 24:00

open day 2 from 09:00 to 17:00

open day 3 from 09:00 to 17:00

open day 4 from 09:00 to 17:00

open day 5 from 09:00 to 17:00

open day 6 from 09:00 to 17:30

closed day 7 from 00:00 to 24:00

I have one CUE handling two sites with different hours. Each site has its own attendant. I made a custom script that lets me specify which days are weekdays and which hours are working hours, but if I try to handle everything via the script, I can't honor Friday's extended hours.

Can a script simply know the open/closed status based on what I specify are business hours via GUI (or CLI generated...see above), rather than checking the day and time in the script?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: CUE AuoAttendant call handling based on different schedules

Older versions will use as protocol profile 0x91 while the newer will use 0x9F. Some PBX's will not understand the 0x9F and discard the Facility IE send by Callmanager. owngrade to CCM 3.3(3) or change protocol variant on PBX to support 'ISO/IEC 11582:1995/Cor.1:1999' and/or 'Ecma -165 3rd edition'

Depending on your version of CUE, you can configure multiple "business hour" groups (ie business_hours_east; business_hours_west). Instead of applying the hours in the script, refer to the business_hours_east variable in the script. So, in essence, you will have one schedule and one script for each location.

It turns out you have to have the script with the variable that handles the schedule already in the CUE. When I had been trying to assign a schedule via CLI, it was failing (of course) until I realized that my script referencing the schedule wasn't in the CUE. Once uploaded, the scheduling via web worked as expected. None of the documentation I had read would have led me to that conclusion though. I found the documentation a little lacking.

Views
Helpful
Replies