Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CUE external voicemail access

I have a CUE module integration with CCM. CUE is 2.1.3 CCM is 4.13. I am trying to configure an external access option off of the auto attendant. Right now the internal access number is 1197. I would like for AA option #9 to direct the caller to the phone subscriber login conversation so they can access their voicemail on the road. I got this to work in SRST mode via an dial-peer

dial-peer voice 1197 voip

destination-pattern 1197

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.232.21.10

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

However, I cannot get it to work when its not in SRST and back on CCM.

The DID digits I get to route to the aa is 1100 and I use a translation pattern and convert the called party number to 1197

Please advise

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: CUE external voicemail access

Are you using the canned or a custom AA? If you use the canned one, you'll have to have people select the "dial-by-extension" option. Then they'll have to enter the voicemail pilot number. With a custom AA you could make it a menu choice or something and send the call straight to the voicemail number.

All you need in CCM is to make sure that you have a Route Point which has the number associated with it. That number will also need to be added as a trigger (aka call-in number) in CUE so that when CUE sees a call for that number, it knows to start the voicemail (or whatever) application.

That's exactly what I thought. I made option 9 to a call redirect to x1197. However, the CUE responds with "sorry no mailbox associated with that extension". This is a custom AA.

Cisco Employee

Hmm...that's right. With CallManager integration a call redirect acts more like a call forward. With SIP (i.e. SRST mode), a redirect is a brand new call (no forwarding information). So with CallManager it's actually coming in as a forwarded call and therefore it thinks it needs to route this to a mailbox.

I cannot think of a way around this off the top of my head... let me do a bit of digging. We basically need to see if there's a way to strip off the forwarding information somehow. There's no way for the voicemail part of CUE not to look at that if it's there...

Cisco Employee

On your script, when you do the Call Redirect step, do you have the "Reset CTI Called Address" set to Yes? Also, the number you're redirecting to is the pilot number (and not something that is call forwarded all to voicemail), correct?

The Reset CTI called address is set to yes. The 1197 number is a CTI route point. Nothing all call forwarded. Intriguing though, perhaps the CTI port information is coming across as the forwarded call since the reset cti called address is set to yes. Gonna try setting to no.

Cisco Employee

I'm pretty sure that setting it to Yes is supposed to reset that stuff. I think if it's not we probably need to look at the SDL traces from callmanager (and get the callmanager version). It also wouldn't hurt to get the CUE traces, which would confirm that it's coming in with the redirected info.

tried to use the "no" setting. Extension transfers to users that forward to voicemail bring on the auto attendant greeting. No integration on forwarded calls. However if I call the extension direct and it forwards to voicemail I hear the users personal greeting.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content