cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE NTP problem - NTP status of "Reject"

cdurette
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have problem with NTP not syncing on CUE. NTP is fine on CCME. Have my CUE NTP server command pointing to CCME. When doing a show ntp status, it shows a status of "reject" with my CCME IP address. "show clock" from CUE CLI obviously displays wrong time, Unity VM timestamps are wrong when users check msgs. However, when doing a Call Report to display call history from the GUI, it has correct time, I assume this is actually pulling a show call history from CCME (which has correct time).

15 Replies 15

jeff.bankston
Level 1
Level 1

doesn't work on ours at all, either. Best I can do for now is manually set the time and watch for drift of a few seconds off. Heck, we're just trying to get CUE v1.0.2 working with CCME v3, don't care about time at the moment as long as the drift isn't bad.

-Jeff

rkoulagi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Who is your NTP server? CCME?. If so, do you have 'ntp master' and 'clock timezone' commands on CCME?

Not applicable

If NTP status of CUE is in "reject" status then either CUE could not reach the NTP server or the configured server is not acting as the NTP server. Check that CCME is configured as NTP server. NTP server on CCME is enabled by the CLI "ntp master".

Note: It is observed that CUE loses synchronization with CCME NTP server. So, it is recommended to use standard external NTP server.

Our network is a closed lab with no access to the public internet or any other time source. So, I fixed my _CCME_ time problem by setting its (my host router is the CCME) clock manually to my laptop, which when on the corp network is indeed sync'd to an atomic clock.

I then set the host router to make it an ntp master stratum 1 type. Next, set the test network devices to point to this host router acting as an ntp master, and everyone sync'd to the host just fine.

The problem me and this person's post is having is getting the CUE module to then sync to the host acting as an ntp master. Neither of us can get it to work, mine whereas everything else in the lab network is sync'ing to the host router fine.

-Jeff

Just found a bug from TAC. Tried the work around already, i.e. setting both CCME & CUE to point to an external Service Provider NTP master (public NTP server). Got the same "reject" status. I have since set the NTP server back on CCME & CUE. Pasting notes from e-mail below. Will let you know what TAC says.

If the router model is any model except a Cisco 3660 model, this is what your out of sync issue is: CSCeb05816

Symptoms:

CUE NTP is out of sync with the router

Conditions:

When a router doesn't have Real Time Clock hardware and the CUE uses the router as the NTP source/master.

Workaround:

Given this is a Branch Router and to work around this issue for the customer, we can do the following things:

1) Use the Service Provider's NTP server. Point both the router and the Aesop AIM or NM to the same NTP server.

2) Use Public NTP server

Sounds like what I'm experiencing, but it's a problem. What if the site/network doesn't have public internet access nor an ntp server running anywhere on that network? Is the customer going to have to set up a server/ntp just for this solution using something like a GPS clock sync?

I was thinking that one of the routers, preferrably the host router, could act as the ntp master as long as its clock was set reasonably accurate??

I'm going to test this theory tomorrow morning in our lab by setting up a spare 1760 router and dedicating it as the ntp master instead of on the same box as the CUE and CCME processes.

-Jeff

Need the CCME config with

show NTP status

show NTP association

Also, can the CUE ping the CCME ?

sh NTP status on CUE

Sh NTP conf

Gopal

Good question, where is the PING command from within the CUE GUI, I've searched far & wide last week and gave up. Did a ? from within almost every command prompt level. I wanted to try the same. Figured CUE could ping CCME as my complete system works, just not the NTP sync. Let me know where I can find the PING command from within CUE.

Not applicable

CUE 1.1 has Ping command, I am not sure about CUE 1.0.2.

OK. That may be my problem I'm using CUE 1.0.2

hattingh
Level 1
Level 1

Could you send your query and supporting info to access-ccme-cue@cisco.com. There are more resources there who can help you debug this. When you do so, please attach:

- CCME config with

- show NTP status (router)

- show NTP association (router)

- show NTP status (CUE)

Thx,

CH

Finally got a resolution.Left CCME pointing to external NTP server. Had to set CCME to be NTP Master. Created a NTP peer on CCME to peer with CUE. Changed CUE from external NTP server to point to CCME. Then had to reload the CUE module. All works now.

I just hope that the next time you reload your CUE (due to a backup or something) you don't run into the same problem again. This is what's happening to me currently. CUE is so, so bad...

I have had to reload the CUE two times to get the time correct after following all of the previous steps.

just an FYI....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: