cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE Session timeouts

dan.gallagher
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me if they have been able to control the session timeouts for a CUE module with 2.1.2 software on it? It seems like the default 600 seconds is the only timeout that works. When I set the timeouts in line 129 it does not seem to impact the session timeout.

3 Replies 3

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can control this with the session-timeout command under the line. However, it will only take effect for a new session. So if you're changing it, it won't time out out with that new value if you've already got a session up. But if you disconnect and then connect again, the new time will be in effect.

I tested this in the lab and noticed that the exec-timeout command seems to have no impact on the session. When I configure the absolute-timeout the sessio does end and I can get the exected result. Do you have any thought on that?

I'm not the unequivocal expert in this area, but I believe absolute-timeout is going to drop the session whether or not there's any input (i.e. your session lasts X minutes, regardless of what you're doing). Exec-timeout is supposed to drop you out of the EXEC mode (which doesn't apply here since you're not telnetting into that line & going to enable mode). Session-timeout is the best one for the line config for CUE.