Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUE to CUE networking

I have two CUE modules networked together via VPIM. I can send messages between the two modules, by blind addressing without any problems. When I try to send a message by "Spell by location", it doesnt work. What is the correct procedure for sending messages via spell by location.

CUE 1 - Location name A - Abbreviation A

CUE 2 - Location name B - Abbreviation B.

How do I select a user "John Doe" @ ext 8001 at CUE 2, added as a remote user in CUE 1 ? I want to select this user by specifiying the name of the location and then the name of the user. Is this possible ?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: CUE to CUE networking

The two CUE modules do not share a common directory of names. With VPIM there is the ability to "learn" the recorded names of the remote user. CUE has a cache of 50 (I think that's the case on both the AIM and NM) name entries that are overwritten in a least recently used fashion. You can also add permanent entries of users at the remote location manually via the CLI ("remote user ...").

Views
Helpful
Replies