Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silver

CUGA from Subscriber Mailbox

How do you get to the Greeting Administrator from a Subscriber Mailbox? This links says you can get to CUGA after logging into you mailbox, but it doesn't seem to work.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00801543ef.shtml#two

How do I get into CUGA once logged into my mailbox?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: CUGA from Subscriber Mailbox

Yes... "caller input" and "user input" are the same thing.

The one key rules are only active when the greeting for a call handler or subscriber is playing - the one key rules are not active for subscribers when they are in their mailbox - that'd be kinda tricky since all those keys would then conflict with the menu navigation keys, right? So again, you can't get at this function from inside the subscriber's mailbox conversation...

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

You have to map a user input key or an after greeting rule or the like to get into the greetings administration conversation - once there you sign in.

There's no direct link from your subscriber conversation. In the SA you can setup a one key rule, after greeting rule, after message rule or even your subscriber exit destination to be the greetings administration conversation if you like. You can also setup a call routing rule if you want to be able to dial in directly to a specific number or some other similar scheme.

Silver

Hi Jeff,

Direct call with call routing logic works fine. I was testing with how to get in CUGA from Subscriber mailbox/conversation. Good, I can use after greeting, after message, or subscriber exit destination.

You also mentioned map a user input key (one key rule); can you please elaborate that process.

Thanks,

Partha

Cisco Employee

In the SA for a subscriber or a call handler you can go to the "User Input" page - there you can map actions taken when users hit keys 0 though 9, * or #. Any one of these keys can be mapped to the "Greeting administration" conversation using the "send caller to" option.

You'd then probably want to record a greeting that said something like "press 3 to administer call handler greetings" or the like and then map 3 to the greetings administration option.

Silver

By "user input" page, do you mean "caller input"?

If I configure a key in caller input, for a call handler it works fine, and I can send it to Greeting Administrator.

If I configure a key (say 6) in the "Caller Input" page; I call Unity, enter my userid and password, log into my mailbox. Then If I press 6, it doesn't go to the Greeting Administrator. Because the caller input keys are only taking effect when someone is leaving me a voicemail, and not when I am logged into my mailbox.

Correct me, if wrong?

Cisco Employee

Yes... "caller input" and "user input" are the same thing.

The one key rules are only active when the greeting for a call handler or subscriber is playing - the one key rules are not active for subscribers when they are in their mailbox - that'd be kinda tricky since all those keys would then conflict with the menu navigation keys, right? So again, you can't get at this function from inside the subscriber's mailbox conversation...

Silver

Thats what was killing me yesterday after I went through the link above.

Thanks for clarifying!!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content