cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUMA won't start

dsalamanca
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am trying to make a CUMA 7 work, for first time, I followed the installation guide but it doesn't seem to work. Everything is configured, but when I try to start it, it just doesn't. And I don't know how to troubleshoot it.

What I can see is that the CUMA server doesn't try to communicate with the ASA, since no traffic can be seen in the ASA log coming from the CUMA server.

Does anyone know where I can see the problem that is preventing the server to start?

Thanks in advance

Daniel

2 Replies 2

dsalamanca
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, just in case in the future someone hasthe same problem... The problem was solved entering the DNS IP address manually through CLI for the eth0 interface. A reboot was needed after that for it to work.

The CUMA server has to be able to resolve the ASA IP address even if it's not going to establish contact with it at the startup.

I hope it helps.

Daniel

Where do you specifiy the ASA IP on the CUMA server? I see where you enter the Proxy Host Name. That is the outside FQDN CUMC devices use. Does that need to be mapped internally to the inside IP of the ASA or something?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: