Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUPC 8.5.4 DSCP MARKINGS on Win XP

Hello, My customer has a large CUPS/CUPC deployment. They currently use Windows XP desktops/laptops, and we have been sniffing traffic from the CUPC devices. The Voice traffic is always marked at DSCP 0. I have read the CUPC 8.5 rel notes which refers to pushing a group policy to distinguish voice and video DSCP but I thought this was only relevant to Windows 7. What is the expected behaviour for CUPC 8.5.4 DSCP markings for voice on WIndows XP? How can I change RTP stream to mark EF? Thanks.

1 REPLY
Super Bronze

CUPC 8.5.4 DSCP MARKINGS on Win XP

Hi

I think on XP nothing gets marked unless you have the QoS packet scheduler installed.. if you have that running you can use GPOs to change the markings set to the various classifications made by the system which the applications send traffic through..

Have a look here : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc737728(WS.10).aspx

An example would be the 'Guaranteed' service type, I think this is what RTP usually gets sent as and you can redefine the actual DSCP set. Having the QOS packet scheduler installed on the NICs is the key thing to get stuff marked at all...

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Views
Helpful
Replies