Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 8.5 AND MICROSOFT OFFICE PROBLEMS

alicia.vega
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm experiencing some problems with the installation of Cisco Unified Personal Communicator 8.5, related to the slowness in using Microsoft Office applications.

When you uninstall the module "add-on complements for Click to Call", the problem is solved.

The question is: besides losing the functionality of Click to Call, does this uninstallation affect to more services?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

We are experiencing intermittent Outlook 2007 SP2 hangs with the new CUPC 8.5, but no other Office products.  We are still in the early troubleshooting process and have not found anything conclusive, even with the Application event log.  This is occuring both on Windows XP and Windows 7.  If you find out anything more regarding your problem, or have an existing TAC case open, I would appreciate knowing what you did to fix.

Many thanks, Ginger

Has anyone found a resolution to this? We're experiencing the exact same issue.

Hi -

I have asked the users to perform CUPC traces, but have not heard anything further on this intermittent problem.  I did not find anything conclusive in the Bug Toolkit either for this.

Ginger

Markus Bina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alicia, hi all!

Would you mind to share your findings/ solution with the rest of the community?
I`m convinced, your knowledge regarding this concrete topic will be very valuable for the community.

Thank you very much in advance!

Markus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: