Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUPC Device Name issue/Character limit problem

Hi all

Looking for some direction on an issue caused by the 12 character limit for the DEVICE NAME for a CUPC client. Below is my environment

1. CUPS 7.0

2. UCM 7.0

3. Windows Server Active Directory 2008

4. LDAP integration with CUPS/ NO LDAP integration wiht UCM.

5. UCM Usernames are in the form of a Diretory number- e.g. Tom Smith with extension 5555 would be entered as user 5555

6. LDAP query is pulling from SAM ACCOUNT name- FirstInitial.LastName

My problem is where the user has a long name like Michael Bubbakowskia - so his name entered in Active Directory is MBubbakowskia. The CUPC DEVICE NAME IS UPCBUBBAKOWSKIA.

You can see the problem where his name is too long and cannot be used for a DEVICE NAME. This breaks chat- for chat to work correctly the DEVICE NAME must match the Active Directory SAM account name.

Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES

Re: CUPC Device Name issue/Character limit problem

Hello,

If his username is MBubbakowskia, the CUPC device name should be UPCMBUBBAKOWSKI

Hope it helps, please rate if it does.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

Re: CUPC Device Name issue/Character limit problem

no Adrian sorry- the problem that I am having specifically is trying to figure out how to get around the character limit placed on CUPC device

names. The names should be under 12 characters- in Active Directory not everyone has a name less than the 12 characters.

Views
Helpful
Replies